Monday, March 15, 2010

Just by Chance

Today was an interesting day. Have you ever been out and about just going about your daily activities and you run into someone. Often we think... what a coincidence! More and more I am coming to believe that there is no such thing as coincidence. It would certainly be easier to attribute such randomness to fate.. or chance... but the truth is much bigger than the remote probability of such things being attributed to luck or otherwise.

Psalms 37:23 says that the steps of a good man are directed by the Lord. Proverbs 16:9 says that a man's heart plans his way, but the Lord directs his steps. Today as I was in Home Depot like I am an average of 4 times a day, I ran into a devout, and passionate man of God. As much as I was happy to see him as a friend, I was more excited as he shared with me his heart and his passion for the Lord and to see HIS kingdom come in this city. I left Home Depot with a renewed sense of purpose and determination to complete the calling that God has placed on me here at New Life Center in Shreveport.

Next time someone crosses your mind... or you "by chance" run into an old friend. Give God the glory and recognize that you were put there in that instant to either encourage someone... or be encouraged!

No comments:

Post a Comment