Thursday, March 18, 2010

Infinitely Better

Wow! This day has flown by. It is 11:15 p.m. and I am sitting here in my little living room just catching my breath from an incredibly busy day! My faithful dog Jack sleeps at my feet and my youngest daughter Lizzie is sleeping on the couch.

I cannot help but be amazed at the simplicity of my life, and yet the utter joy that I find in that very fact. I do work at a physically demanding job, and at times I am so tired when I come home at night that I can barely get my shoes off! Yet I am reminded that even in the difficulty of the work that I do, God is with me. God has provided for me, sustained me, and as I look around.... even now... listening to a dog that snores and looking at the angelic look on my sleeping baby girls face, I cannot help but be humbled at the love of God.

As a man, as a father, as a husband, as a pastor... I do not deserve any of the things that now make up the diversity of this existence of joy that is my life! By all accounts, and even by the wishes of some, I should have been banished to the abyss of the fallen for those who have lost their way in life.... those with incomprehensible failures....and those who are the broken of society! And yet, God.... in all of his infinite love for me.... chose a life that is infinitely better.... than what I deserve... than what I have earned... than what I could even imagine!

Next time you are having one of those days that cause you to want to throw up your hands and just quit.... take a minute to look around. Look at the faithful things in your life. Look at the beautiful things in your world. Look at the priceless things... such as your family... and thank God that he has chosen to take the broken pieces of your life.... and make something infinitely better.

Living supernaturally......
Pastor Eugene

No comments:

Post a Comment