Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Honor

It was brought to my attention today that it has been WAY too long since I last blogged and that the world was in need of some more positive verbage!  I could not agree more!  So I sit here and reflect on all that God has done for me, and continues to do. 

I wanted to take  a minute and consider what it means to honor. I am blessed to be a part of an awesome outreach organization known as the Chariots of Light. Like most "biker gangs" we too have a hierarchy and structure of leaders, and members that exist to further the purposes and vision of the ministry. Inherent in the success of that venture is a code of honor and conduct that not only guides but drives each member to model Christ in our integrity, and behavior. 

Honor is something that is lost on many today. In a world that seeks its own at all costs and encourages dominance and aggressiveness in order to get what you want, a person who preserves honor, and walks inside the boundaries of God established hierarchy and structure will often be ridiculed and considered weak. I for one disagree.  There is nothing more powerful or inspiring than watching a person or leader as they exhibit honor and respect for another whether it is someone above or below them on the ladder of life. 

1 Peter 2:17 says this: "Honor all men. Love the brotherhood. Fear God. Honor the king."

 My prayer is that I succeed in displaying Godly honor and loyalty to all who are above and below me. My family. My friends. My co worker. My God. 

To honor and serve....
Pastor Eugene

No comments:

Post a Comment